Asset Preservation Strategies in Northwest Indiana
Money can’t buy happiness, and joy isn’t derived from material things. But financial security does matter, and knowing that your assets are protected can provide peace of mind. At Harvest Financial Planning, LLC, we offer services for asset preservation strategies in Northwest Indiana. To learn more about how to protect your assets and how our team can assist you, please call us directly today or send us a message requesting more information.
Asset Protection Strategies for Businesses and Individuals
Whether you are the owner of a business or just a private individual who is looking for ways to protect your wealth and your assets, our team at Harvest Financing Planning, LLC, can help. We provide asset protection planning for both businesses and individuals. While strategies will always be personalized to you, some of the methods that we may recommend include:
- Use a business entity. If you are a business owner, registering an official business entity, such as a corporation or limited liability corporation (LLC), can provide personal legal protection in the event that you are sued. If there’s a business dispute, you won’t be putting everything you own at risk.
- Get insurance. Having insurance is a key part of protecting yourself against liability in the event of a lawsuit, accident, or natural disaster.
- Get a lawyer. One way to minimize your risk of things like breach of contract claims, business disputes, employment lawsuits, and more–and therefore to protect your assets from liability–is to get an attorney. Working with an attorney can provide guidance and strong legal advice.
- Get insurance. Whether as a business or an individual, having insurance can make a big difference in the event of a personal injury, lawsuit, or natural disaster. We recommend the basic insurance types to our clients–such as health insurance and property insurance–as well as long-term care insurance and disability insurance.
- Create an estate plan. Having an estate plan in place can help you to protect your assets and mitigate taxes. You may consider things such as an asset protection trust, for example, to ensure your money is protected.
- Pay down your mortgage. The homestead exemption can provide protection in the event that you end up filing for bankruptcy down the line.
- Create a prenuptial/postnuptial agreement. If you and your partner don’t already have a prenuptial agreement in place, creating one can provide personal protection for you both in the event of a divorce, separation, or death of one party.
Call Our Financial Planning Professionals Today
You’ve worked hard for your assets–surely, you want to protect them. At Harvest Financial Planning, LLC, our Certified Financial Planners can guide you through asset preservation strategies in Northwest Indiana and surrounding areas. Our team is experienced, certified, and committed to protecting our clients’ best interests. To learn more about the different strategies for protecting your assets and how our team can support you, please reach out to us today. You can reach us by phone or online. We offer your initial appointment with our team at no cost.